Mason Engineering faculty, students, and alumni are always busy teaching, learning, researching, inventing, and reaching out to the community. We want the world to hear about it.
- July 5, 2022Sabrina Stenberg sees the SMART scholarship as a way to maximize her graduate studies at George Mason while remaining employed as a chemical engineer with the Department of Defense (DoD). Through the scholarship, Stenberg can focus on her master of science in electrical engineering at Mason full-time.
- June 30, 2022Professor Andre Manitius, of the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE), received The David J. King Teaching Award at the university’s Celebration of Teaching Excellence on May 2. This award is given annually in recognition of a sustained impact on the excellence of teaching and learning at George Mason University.
- June 8, 2022A team of seniors from the Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) department combined their knowledge and skills to win the Space and Satellites Professionals International (SSPI) student prize competition.
- May 10, 2022In March, Mason alum Kwabena Konadu was recognized for his work by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia with one of the its 2022 Outstanding Faculty Awards, one of the most prestigious teaching awards in the state.
- April 19, 2022George Mason alum Marc Christensen (MS in Electrical Engineering, 1998; PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering, 2001) will become the 17th president of Clarkson University.
- April 13, 2022A team of seniors from the Electrical and Computer Engineering department and the Food Sciences department are building a fridge that tests the shelf life of food stored in the coolers.
- February 25, 2022Khaled N. Khasawneh, assistant professor in the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department at George Mason University, contributed significant research and work to two papers which have been recognized in the area of hardware security.
- December 13, 2021A paper from, Weiwen Jiang, assistant professor of electrical and computer engineering at George Mason University, has been selected by the IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design for the 2021 Donald O. Pederson Best Paper Award.
- May 26, 2021At the American Vacuum Society (AVS) Mid-Atlantic Virtual Chapter Meeting in April, students competed with one another through oral presentations for a cash prize.
- March 29, 2021Ground-breaking research and one-of-a-kind programs helped propel the Volgenau School of Engineering in the top 100 rankings of U.S. News & World Report Best Graduate Schools this year. The school ranked No.
- February 11, 2021Electrical engineering student Jazzmin Robinson knows the value public speaking skills hold for a career in engineering.
- February 10, 2021George Mason University’s first satellite "ASTERIA," part of Mason Engineering’s ThinSat program, successfully passed environmental testing at the Northrop Grumman facility on Wallops Island and was integrated into a deployer.