Mason Engineering faculty, students, and alumni are always busy teaching, learning, researching, inventing, and reaching out to the community. We want the world to hear about it.
- April 19, 2022George Mason alum Marc Christensen (MS in Electrical Engineering, 1998; PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering, 2001) will become the 17th president of Clarkson University.
- April 13, 2022A team of seniors from the Electrical and Computer Engineering department and the Food Sciences department are building a fridge that tests the shelf life of food stored in the coolers.
- February 25, 2022Khaled N. Khasawneh, assistant professor in the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department at George Mason University, contributed significant research and work to two papers which have been recognized in the area of hardware security.
- December 13, 2021A paper from, Weiwen Jiang, assistant professor of electrical and computer engineering at George Mason University, has been selected by the IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design for the 2021 Donald O. Pederson Best Paper Award.
- May 26, 2021At the American Vacuum Society (AVS) Mid-Atlantic Virtual Chapter Meeting in April, students competed with one another through oral presentations for a cash prize.
- March 29, 2021Ground-breaking research and one-of-a-kind programs helped propel the Volgenau School of Engineering in the top 100 rankings of U.S. News & World Report Best Graduate Schools this year. The school ranked No.
- February 11, 2021Electrical engineering student Jazzmin Robinson knows the value public speaking skills hold for a career in engineering.
- February 10, 2021George Mason University’s first satellite "ASTERIA," part of Mason Engineering’s ThinSat program, successfully passed environmental testing at the Northrop Grumman facility on Wallops Island and was integrated into a deployer.
- University researchers receive grants from the Commonwealth Cyber Initiative for cyber and arts and design researchFebruary 3, 2021Six research projects led by George Mason University (Mason) faculty and one research project led by James Madison University (JMU) faculty received funding from t
- February 2, 2021The capabilities and reach of 5G are expanding, but with new capabilities come new security challenges.
- January 19, 2021COVID-19 has laid bare the critical work of engineers in creating a world safe from pandemics, climate change, cyber-attacks, and other daunting global challenges. Engineers Week is a time to celebrate this important work and engage with other innovators.
- January 11, 2021One of the rewards of being an academic advisor is helping students through difficult times and then watching them flourish afterward, says Smriti Kansal Patwardhan, an academic advisor and coordinator for the