Received the B.S. and M.S. degrees in Electrical and Computer Engineering in 1979 and 1981 respectively, and the Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering in 1984, all from AGH University of Science and Technology, Krakow, Poland. He joined George Mason University in 1989 as a Visiting Assistant Professor with the Computer Science Department. He currently holds the rank of Associate Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering. Between 1981 and 1988, he was a faculty member at AGH University of Science and Technology, Poland, and the University of Hamburg, Germany. He also served as head of the Image Processing Group, Institute of Control Engineering (AGH).
Possible Advisee Scholarly Paper Topics
- If you are looking for a topic for your Research Project or MS/PhD Thesis, please contact me directly. The following is only a short list:
- VSE/ECE antenna system for satellite communications. (Project)
- Application of software defined radio for space communication. (Paper or Project).
- Power system for ultra-small satellites. (Project or Thesis)
- Command receiver for ultra-small cubesat. (Project)
- Attitude control for ultra-small satellites. (Paper, Project or Thesis)
- Fuzzy logic control in modern robotics. (Paper)
- 3D depth scanner for a robotic arm. (Paper, Project or Thesis)
- Image processing for a 3D depth scanner. (Project or Thesis)
- High-speed image processing on FPGA/MCU. (Project or Thesis)
- Magnetic levitation concepts. (Paper)
Possible Senior Design Project Topics
- Sensory system for satellite antenna position monitoring.
- Satellite beacon.
- Power system for ultra-small satellites.
- Command receiver for ultra-small cubesat.
- 3D depth laser scanner for a robotic arm.
- Fallen water-ski locator.
- Magnetic levitation.