Mason Engineering faculty, students, and alumni are always busy teaching, learning, researching, inventing, and reaching out to the community. We want the world to hear about it.
- March 6, 2023George Mason University's College of Engineering and Computing Associate Professor Liling Huang is establishing a new lab at the Mason Square campus to advance smart grid research, education, and workforce development.
- February 24, 2023George Mason University College of Engineering and Computing researchers are using novel, real-time technology to keep essential, sensitive wireless communications from getting jammed.
- February 6, 2023Missy Cummings, a George Mason University mechanical engineering professor, calls herself a “tech futurist,” whose job is to “make tech work. It’s not to stop tech, it’s to help it get better.”
- New College of Engineering and Computing professor Missy Cummings seeks to address challenges in artificial intelligenceJanuary 3, 2023Mary "Missy" Cummings was drawn to Mason by the university's emphasis on multidisciplinary research and teaching. One of the first challenges she wants to tackle is creating a new educational program in the design and deployment of artificial intelligence (AI).
- December 12, 2022George Mason University College of Engineering and Computing faculty members are developing ways to hide text messages in plain sight, protecting from would-be hackers the sensitive messages of military personnel, law enforcement, and others.
- December 5, 2022As a sophomore, electrical engineering major Sai Srivatsav Gutala started a student club called the Inventors and Innovations Team (IIT) with one of his classmates, computer engineering major Nicholas Paschke.
- November 30, 2022Mason College of Engineering and Computing faculty member is making machine learning even faster.
- November 9, 2022Filipe Fernandes Veiga, Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at George Mason University
- November 8, 2022Electrical and Computer Engineering faculty member Jill Nelson has been elected IEEE Education Society Board of Governors.
- October 27, 2022George Mason University is about to activate a massive satellite dish! Scheduled for the scrapyard in 2020, the 27-year-old, 30-foot satellite dish on its Fairfax Campus will be used by engineering students—as well as those in other Mason schools and colleges—for multidisciplinary, hands-on experience and projects.
- October 6, 2022Commonwealth Cyber Initiative's NovaNode funds projects that pair research teams with industry partners with an eye on commercialization.
- September 30, 2022In 2006, George Mason University alum Anousheh Ansari, BS Computer and Electrical Engineering ’88, traveled to the International Space Station for an 11-day expedition and the first female private space explorer, first astronaut of Iranian descent, first Muslim woman in space, and fourth private explorer to visit space.