Mason Engineering faculty, students, and alumni are always busy teaching, learning, researching, inventing, and reaching out to the community. We want the world to hear about it.
- September 6, 2023Two freshman ECE students were selected for a summer internship at OneWeb Technologies in Mclean, Virginia. It's never too early for students to start looking for opportunities that build up professional experience.
- August 28, 2023George Mason's own "DJ Prof" mixes multiple modes of instruction to bring home a major teaching award.
- August 23, 2023Weiwen Jiang in George Mason University's College of Engineering and Computing has two new NSF grants to tackle challenges in quantum computing.
- June 13, 2023The invite-only roundtable, hosted by the College of Engineering and Computing at Mason Square, explored the issues, challenges, and solutions to think about as AI technologies rapidly evolve and change. The roundtable was led by Missy Cummings, director of Mason’s Autonomy and Robotics Center.
- April 19, 2023Electrical engineering major Lina Alkarmi is Mason's 12th Goldwater Scholar.
- March 6, 2023George Mason University's College of Engineering and Computing Associate Professor Liling Huang is establishing a new lab at the Mason Square campus to advance smart grid research, education, and workforce development.
- February 24, 2023George Mason University College of Engineering and Computing researchers are using novel, real-time technology to keep essential, sensitive wireless communications from getting jammed.
- February 6, 2023Missy Cummings, a George Mason University mechanical engineering professor, calls herself a “tech futurist,” whose job is to “make tech work. It’s not to stop tech, it’s to help it get better.”
- New College of Engineering and Computing professor Missy Cummings seeks to address challenges in artificial intelligenceJanuary 3, 2023Drawn by Mason’s multidisciplinary research and teaching, Missy Cummings will create a new program in the design and deployment of Artificial Intelligence.
- December 12, 2022George Mason University College of Engineering and Computing faculty members are developing ways to hide text messages in plain sight, protecting from would-be hackers the sensitive messages of military personnel, law enforcement, and others.
- December 5, 2022As a sophomore, electrical engineering major Sai Srivatsav Gutala started a student club called the Inventors and Innovations Team (IIT) with one of his classmates, computer engineering major Nicholas Paschke.
- November 30, 2022Mason College of Engineering and Computing faculty member is making machine learning even faster.