Mason Engineering faculty, students, and alumni are always busy teaching, learning, researching, inventing, and reaching out to the community. We want the world to hear about it.
- February 18, 2020Jim Jones has been named the new director of George Mason University’s Criminal Investigations and Network Analysis (CINA) Center.
- February 12, 2020Imagine a day when canopies of solar panels across campus generate enough electricity to meet all of Mason’s power needs. That’s the dream of seven senior engineering students and faculty advisor Liling Huang, an associate professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE).
- October 24, 2019It’s not often that college students have a chance to solve cybersecurity challenges, delve into data mining, and take a salsa dancing lesson over the same weekend. But those who attended PatriotHacks, Mason’s second annual collegiate hackathon, did just that at the MIX@Fenwick, October 18 to 20.
- October 17, 2019Electrical Engineering major Annam Khan came to Mason looking for opportunities to make an impact. Just a couple years later, she’s the project lead of an initiative to put George Mason University on a self-sufficient microgrid.
- October 16, 2019When Mason Engineering professor Cameron Nowzari was an undergraduate, all he wanted to do was design and build robots. He was especially interested in the idea of swarm robotics, in which large teams of robots are designed to cooperatively complete tasks that a single device might not be able to do alone.
- July 12, 2019Tinfoil and hot glue aren’t what most people would use to waterproof their houses, but for the middle school to high school-aged campers participating in the Volgenau School of Engineering’s STEM Summer Camps, these are some of the tools they used to learn the basics of civil engineering.
- June 10, 2019When Kathleen Wage teaches signal processing, she doesn’t stand in front of her students and lecture for the entire period.
- April 29, 2019Content goes here.
- April 19, 2019Mason’s Rocketry Club captured first place awards in the target altitude event and the Mars rover challenge at the Battle of the Rockets Competition.
- April 2, 2019Mason Engineering students took a giant leap into complex space-related research this year.
- December 3, 2018It swims like a fish, turns like a fish, and dives like a fish, but it’s not a fish. It’s a robot. Three Mason Engineering seniors have created a robotic fish that can navigate water through wireless commands.
- August 25, 2016